- Major and minor donors (typically through Canada Helps)
- United Way
- Federal and Provincial Funding
- Grants from Private Companies with social purpose initiatives that fund community impact projects across Canada
- Fundraising Events
makes a difference
With your support, Freeing the Human Spirit can continue our work of introducing the healing practice of yoga to inmates across Canada.
FTHS relies on the following types of fundraising to fund its operations:
The operational costs of the charity are intended to be modest, in keeping with a grassroots type of organization:
- Board members, staff and volunteers are unpaid
- The volunteers generally offer up their own assets, whether vehicles, gas, telephone, office supplies, etc. to make it happen
- Things like yoga mats or blocks are purchased in bulk and with as much vendor support possible
Good to know
Registered Charity Information Returns
The Canada Revenue Agency displays the FTHS returns over on the CRA website. It is important to keep in mind that we are now in a renaissance phase with the charity and the very modest level of activity, revenues and expenses shown in the past are unlikely to be useful guidance for the future operations of the charity.